Hilversum / Copenhagen
AWS Cloud Consultant
While the talent scarcity within IT is at an all-time high and still growing, Xebia sticks to the mission of “aiming for thought leadership”, thus working with the best professionals in the market.
At Xebia, you will get the chance to work with passionate professionals within their field of expertise. We offer more than just a job, we offer a career. We are looking forward to working with you!
About the position
- As a cloud consultant you are the trusted advisor for your clients. You help them to design the best fitting AWS Cloud solution for their business needs and turn this into a flexible, scalable and secure cloud architecture and/or cloud native application. You build the bridge between business and technology, both for clients and internal product development.
- We will make sure you are always working on at least two simultaneous projects, for different clients. This way we can guarantee that you have plenty of variation in your work, but your exposure to large quantities of different environments also help you to become (even) better at benchmarking your solutions against the best practices in the market.
- Xebia Cloud is the main center of AWS knowledge in the Xebia group. Combined with our AWS Premier partner status this means we will always stay ahead of the pack when it comes to studying the latest AWS features and applying them to real life client cases. To maintain this status we need to make sure that continuous learning and knowledge sharing are an integral part of your daily work, not just an afterthought.
- A final fact to explicitly state is that this role, as well as all other roles in our team, is a hands-on first vacancy. We all work with technology on a daily basis, because we feel this is the only way to make sure we always give the best possible advice.
What we have to offer
- If you skipped the general introduction on our careers page and proceeded straight to this vacancy, now would be a good time to check back and read up on why we think we are a great place to work. Specifically for this role we offer the following:
- The chance to have genuine impact on the strategic cloud decisions for a wide range of interesting clients;
- High level of diversity in the projects you work on, ranging from data center migrations to implementing serverless solutions and optimizing existing AWS environments;
- Your ideal mix between strategy, architecture/design and hands-on work. You will have a strong influence on how these three components balance out in your typical work week;
- Work side by side with the best cloud consultants in the Dutch market, who have chosen the following core values: getting results, teamwork, innovation, integrity and a strong focus on quality;
- As an independently functioning member of the Xebia group, we can offer you the combination of the facilities, knowledge sharing and growth opportunities that belong with being part of a large organization and the close knit family feeling that has helped us get to where we are today;
- You’ll be amongst extremely talented colleagues and have access to a personal training budget of €5k per year + 6 study days.
- Of course the bullet points listed above are pretty generic. We will gladly make time to talk about your personal situation and see if we can add some very specific benefits to the list.
- Our world revolves around AWS, so we are looking for colleagues who share our passion for this technology. When designing your solutions you always put the client’s needs first and put their interests above your personal preferences in for instance technology choices. Based on your broad knowledge of software development in general and cloud computing in particular you are able to convince people of the viability of your ideas. Last but not least you are able to compress and summarize your advice and where needed strip away the technical details when required to suit your audience/counterparts.
- When reading profiles and throughout our selection process we pay close attention to the following:
- How well do we fit together on a personal level? Not every great Cloud Professional is necessarily a good match for our culture, values and way of working. This means we try to gain insight into your work and thought processes and really want to get to know “the person behind the profile”;
- The strength of your knowledge about all facets of the AWS portfolio. We know you can’t be an expert on everything, but we do expect all members of our team to understand the basics of the entire spectrum;
- Your broader knowledge about adjacent domains, like software development, networking, security, automation tooling and agile processes.