Hilversum - Netherlands /
Eindhoven - Netherlands
Backend Software Engineer
Have you become the go-to person for software-related problems, simply because you know all the answers? Are you done with skipping unit tests because you need to meet that deadline, whatever it costs, and prefer to focus on quality? Would you like to work with the best software engineers, share knowledge, and work on innovative projects, where you can make an impact? Then we are looking for you!
Meet our software developers
Join Xebia and you will work with people who value the principles of clean code and deliver high quality without compromise. Our goal is to be the authority in our field, and we help you become one too. We are a group of developers and entrepreneurial engineers who turn the latest technology trends into business advantages We are leaders in Cloud-Native Development. As a mainstream frontrunner, we build the future with software for our clients and create solutions, together with you.
Join us and you will be part of:
- A leading software consultancy group that explores and creates new frontiers.
- A team of people that continuously challenge each other to learn and grow.
- Innovative projects in the fields of Cloud-Native development.
- Get time for Innovation and Knowledge Sharing as it’s one of our core values.
- Working with the best software engineering colleagues in the world.
We are a group of developers and entrepreneurial engineers who turn the latest technology trends into business advantages. We are leaders in Cloud-Native Development. As a mainstream frontrunner, we build the future with software for our clients and create solutions, together with you. We take on projects that add to our mission of being the authority. We have built a (near) real-time recommendation platform for the Public Broadcasting of the Netherlands. We replaced the current batch-based recommendation system for a streaming-based system written in Golang. The Big Data system is processing about 200 million events per day.
Innovation Day - Software Development
We believe sharing knowledge is important in the tech industry. Our innovation days are one of the things we do to keep on growing as an individual but also as a team. AND they are also just a lot of fun!
This is your dream job if...
- You are comfortable and enjoy working with Kotlin, Java, Golang, and/ or Scala for at least 4 years
- You are eager to learn and love to share your knowledge
- You want to be more than just a code monkey; You also like to have a good understanding of business needs
- You want to be part of a team that focuses on personal development, team development and having fun together
This is not your dream job if...
- If you don’t like to work for different customers or don’t enjoy the excitement of learning new environments and new people
- You don’t like to work with the newest technologies and don’t want to stay up to date with the latest in tech
- You like to do the same, day in day out
Working together on exciting challenges
We value team cohesion, knowledge and personal development, innovation, and fun. We aim for authority in everything we do.
Personal growth plan
“If you grow, we grow”, that’s how we think. Overall, we focus on Tech Skills, Consultancy Skills, and Personal Skills. We have many courses in these three areas. We have our XSD Guru Development Program where you can work on your authority with the support of marketing. On top of that, you will get a personal coach and learn from seasoned experts that help you to succeed at Xebia.
Training Budget & Conferences
Your Devices and Books
Choose the laptop and phone you want! On top of that you can choose new devices every 2 years. You will also have the advantage of an unlimited budget for ordering the books you need to grow as professional.
We have our own XSD Bookclub you can join if you like!
If you need more reasons to apply for this dream job, please take a look at this infographic. It contains all benefits, the application process, and a whole lot more!