You are an engineer or an architect with a lot of interest in/experience with data. You know your way in the cloud; keep your knowledge up to date by watching webinars and visiting conferences. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty but have an analytical mindset that allows you to clearly define the root of a problem. And, then by mapping this problem to a new or existing cloud data platform, you come up with one or more approaches.
All while keeping in mind that this change needs to be maintained for the foreseeable future, and hence you balance complexity. The tools you use are Word, Powerpoint, and an IDE. Making sure that the overall solution is well documented, easily explainable to the board, but also clearly defined into code building blocks.
How you will help to create value with Data & AI
At Xebia Data, we build strong Data & AI practices to deliver value to our clients and their customers. In the past, our team of data professionals has predicted the daily demand for millions of loaves of bread, built advanced energy-saving algorithms on a nationwide scale and set up data innovation labs at large multinational corporations. We enjoy great success in making top companies AI-driven — just think of what more we can achieve when YOU join our team!
What will you do as a Data Architect
Xebia Data operates on three distinct principles: Authority, Focus and Values. These principles guide every decision made by both management and staff. Authority means becoming the best in our field, individually and as a company. It’s an audacious goal that keeps us striving and fighting. We only hire people who have achieved authority, not for growth, open positions, size or value.
This is your dream job if...
- You like to guide teams into building a clearly designed data solution
- You like to frequently zoom out to a broader context and then zoom in back again into the details of the proposed solution
- You like to look ahead and envision how to pave the way in the short, medium, and long term
- You have 3 years of experience in data or 3 years of experience in architecture and what to switch to this domain
- You are comfortable in the boardroom and know how to present your solution in an understandable way to non-technical people
- You like to contribute to/lead the Xebia Data Architecture proposition.
This is not your dream job if...
- You only want to code.
- You never want to code.
- You are afraid of making technology choices that sometimes hurt but fit the business better.
- You need someone to tell you where you need to go to.
- You don’t like to explain the rationale in order to get an agreement.
What we offer
While we primarily work on location for our customers, we are a very close team of professionals that work together on exciting challenges. We value team cohesion, knowledge and personal development, innovation, and fun. We strive for authority in everything that we do. At most companies, you’ll see similar statements, but at Xebia, we back this up with concrete benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Extended insurance
- A real training budget of €5,000 and six days, without a fight. In fact, it’s your obligation to spend it every year
- Company car for consulting roles
- Choose your laptop (once every 24 months) and phone