Amsterdam - Netherlands
Data Engineer (Temp-to-perm)
Xccelerated | Part of Xebia
Ready to break boundaries in the analytical world? Accelerate your data engineering career with our advanced training program. We fully pay this program as well as your salary. Your job? Working as a data engineer at one of our clients like Lely, ING, ASML or KLM on challenging projects. What kind of projects?
- Help data-driven organizations move, process and store data by building data warehouses, data lakes and distributed data meshes
- Productionizing machine learning models
- Apply engineering practices to pick the best tools for the job
- Use raw data gathered from data pipelines to build production ready scalable applications driven by data and AI
The role itself
- 2 fulltime weeks of hands-on bootcamp training where you’ll focus on writing deployable code, containerization, data engineering and cloud fundamentals
- Work 4 days a week as a data engineer at one of our clients like Heineken, Rabobank, ASML, Lely, FedEx, Vattenfall
- Join us every Wednesday at the Xccelerated office in Amsterdam/ on remote. Here you will get ongoing training and project support from our technical leads
- At the end of your first year, you get the opportunity to join the partner organization directly
As a data engineer you will work together with other medior- and senior team members on challenging projects for our clients. In these projects you take on complex problems such as building data pipelines, productionizing machine learning models and building custom software solutions.
Part of the job is dealing with a variety of data types and formats; different data velocity from batch to near-real time; and scale from one machine to distributed systems. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty with infrastructure, either in the cloud or on-premises. And most importantly you apply engineering practices to pick the best tools for the job, balancing complexity, maintainability, speed of development, quality, and value.
Besides this, you like to develop and maintain data infrastructure and data intensive applications; like to create insights and make data available for data teams and like to deploy and configure data infrastructure.
What Xccelerated offers
- 💰 Good salary
- 🛫 25 vacation days
- 📙 Kick off with 2 full-time weeks of hands-on bootcamp training
- 📊 Technical trainings & Innovation days for a full year (every week)
- ✅ Challenging assignments
- 💻 Macbook and Iphone
- 🍎 Lunches, amazing coffee and snack bar
- 🎒Flexibility in working from home & at the office
Xccelerated is an initiative within the Xebia Group, accelerating growth of Data, Cloud & AI competence. Our 13-month advanced training programs integrate hands-on learning and skill development with working at one of our partner companies. It is an intense learning journey for who have proven their potential and are ready for the next step in their career.
Are you one of them? Join our dream team of 45 great people. Each member of our team brings a unique specialty and passion to our shared mission: eliminate the shortage of highly skilled Data & AI professionals. To achieve our goal, we empower each other to reach their full potential and inspire others to do the same. Or as Selin, our data engineer says: “Xccelerated decreases the gap between software engineering and data science. Thanks to this, I am solving real data engineering challenges at ING”
This is you
From a personal perspective, you are customer focused and have a strong can-do mentality. You focus on results, have a desire to complete challenging tasks and learn while doing. Next to this, you have:
✅ A technical bachelor’s or master’s degree (e.g. computer science, informatics, artificial intelligence, software engineering)
✅ 2-4 years of work experience as a data engineer or as a software engineer in a data environment
✅ Knowledge of open-source technologies like Spark, Kafka, Airflow or Kubernetes and experienced with Python
Want to know more? Visit xccelerated.io