Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Machine Learning Engineer Consultant
As a machine learning engineer, you collaborate with data scientists and data engineers to develop scalable, production-ready applications powered by data and AI. You are a scientist or engineer who embraces mathematics and understands the process of taking models from development to production. You possess the necessary skills and courage to bring ideas from your laptop to a cluster.
How you will help to create value with Data & AI
At Xebia, we establish robust Data & AI practices to bring value to our clients and their customers. Our team of data professionals has successfully predicted daily bread demand, implemented energy-saving algorithms at a national scale, and established data innovation labs in large multinational corporations. By joining our team, you can contribute to even greater achievements in making top companies AI-driven.
As a machine learning engineer, your responsibility is to take AI solutions into production to generate value. You ensure that applications are scalable, testable, robust, and extendable through your expertise in engineering and machine learning.
What you will do to make AI-driven applications
You closely collaborate with data scientists in your team to understand the problem being addressed and their approach. You review their code, modularize it, identify areas for testing, and even challenge their solutions to enhance their effectiveness. Your proficiency in Python enables you to improve code quality or potentially translate it to other languages like Scala or Java.
During on-site client engagements, you may encounter challenging problems. Fortunately, Xebia organizes regular remote work sessions where you can discuss and find solutions with the collective intelligence of the entire team. If immediate assistance is needed, every member of Xebia is just a quick message away, always ready to provide support.
This is your dream job if...
- You like working on the overlap between AI and software or data engineering.
- You like building your solutions with services on public clouds or want to learn how to do that.
- You like working for different clients and enjoy the excitement of regularly getting to learn new environments and know new people.
This is not your dream job if...
- You only want to build models from data and are not interested in doing the work involved in taking these models into production.
- You are just fine with spaghetti code or do not understand what that is.
- You do not like coding, scripting, templating.