Hilversum - Netherlands
Platform Engineering Consultant
At Xebia, we always look for talented people to deliver value to our clients and customers.
We help our customers adopt Platform Engineering concepts to achieve developer productivity, speed up software delivery, and create resilient systems that are secure & compliant. Together with our clients, we explore the potential of Platform Engineering within their context, work out a platform strategy, design the platform, and implement it from its creation to scaling out on an enterprise scale. We employ the concept of Internal Developer Platforms, which provide a golden path for developers to add value to their organizations. Our holistic approach does justice to people, processes, and technology, and if that makes you excited, just think of what more we can achieve
When YOU join our team!
At Xebia, you will get the chance to work with passionate professionals within their fields of expertise. We are looking forward to working with you!
Who are you?
As a Platform Engineering Consultant, you are passionate about engineering. You understand how DevOps has radically changed the way we think and the way we need to provide platforms. You’re responsible for designing, deploying, and productizing platform services. Within your work, automating everything is written in your DNA. You develop services using infrastructure as code. You can do this in at least one of the major cloud providers. You are experienced in designing solutions using your background in software engineering and know what it takes to get a solution adopted within an organization.
- Experienced as an Cloud Engineer or Data Platform Engineer
- Someone who enjoys ‘walking on the edge,’ and is eager to work with new technologies
- Enjoys spreading knowledge and training organisations in how to become high performing SRE players
- Knowledgeable with a touch of geekiness
- Not ashamed to talk about your ambition in your field of expertise
We’d love to hear from you! We’re all about helping people boost their careers and contribute in a meaningful way in their work.
What will you do?
With your knowledge of software, infrastructure, cloud, clusters, queues, containers, and SRE, you work on business-critical systems with or help build such systems. You help engineer the platform such that the user experience of the developer is optimal whilst also ensuring subjects such as availability, compliance, and security is in order. You work and/or lead a platform team that provides platform services for development teams, lowering developers' cognitive overload and improving their daily work. You have experience with monitoring tools to help us improve our observability.
Why this job?
- You enjoy working with the latest cloud solutions
- You know your way around container technology and the container ecosystem
- You like to talk with developers to understand better how the platform can help them with their challenges
- You get energy from working for different clients and helping them achieve their goals
- You like working with open-source (infrastructure) technology like Terraform and want to make time to contribute to the communities
- You want to make a dent, and don’t shy away from challenges